CASES, SANCTIONS AND CLAIMS
- (2019, Apr) ICO fines a pregnancy and parenting club with 400,000 GBP for unlawfully sharing with third parties the personal data which it collected from its members.
- (2019, Aug) Banka DSK was fined by Bulgaria’s commission for personal data protection with one million leva (about 511,300 euro), for “illegal disclosure” of the personal data of its customers.
- (2020, Jan) The Norwegian Consumer Council (Forbrukerrådet) is filing formal complaints against Grindr and five companies that were receiving personal data through the app.
- (2020, Mar) The Norwegian DPA has imposed a fine of approx. EUR 36,800 on Coop Finnmark SA for the distribution of camera surveillance footage (children being involved in such surveillance).
REPORTS AND ARTICLES FROM OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- (2020, Jan) BBC: Ring doorbell ‘gives Facebook and Google user data’.
- (2020, May) PrivSec Report: Web-Scraping Technologies – Can Data Controllers (web-scrapers) be exempt from the requirement to provide privacy notice if doing this is high-cost and it drains company resources? If they can, how?
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, REPORTS AND STATEMENTS
- (2019, Apr) Irish DPC: guidance on Data Sharing in the Public Sector.
- (2019, Sep) ICO (UK): public consultation on data sharing code of practice.
- (2020, Mar) Belgian DPA: new recommendation on data sharing by public authorities. The official version may be accessed here.