CASES, SANCTIONS AND CLAIMS
- (2020, Mar) Preliminary Questions raised by Orange Romania on the application of the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC have been published (see CJEU Case no. C-61/19).
- (2019, Apr) The Bavarian Data Protection Authority decided that the use of Facebook Custom Audience tool, whereby customers’ e-mail addresses are uploaded and shared with Facebook must be based on the customers’ consent.
- (2019, Sep) The High Court of Frankfurt decided that GDPR consent for data processing can be tied to consent for receiving advertising.
- (2019, Oct) CJEU: C-673/17 – Planet49: The court decided that, when accessing a website, the consent which a user should give for the placement of cookies is not validly expressed through a previously pre-ticked checkbox.
REPORTS AND ARTICLES FROM OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- (2019, Jul) DPO Blog: read this article about making the provision of a service conditional on the user’s consent.
- (2019, Aug) Reuschlaw: Ad infinitum? Term of consent in data protection law.
- (2019, Nov) Dr. Carlo Pilz: GDPR accountability: German DPA on the retention of consent documentation.
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, REPORTS AND STATEMENTS
- (2019, Apr) German Federal Government: measures to address consent fatigue (original document in German available here and unofficial English translation here).
- (2020, May) EDPB: Guidelines on consent.