CASES, SANCTIONS AND CLAIMS
- Vienna Higher regional court: admissibility of lawsuit against Facebook in civil courts confirmed, in case brought by Max Schrems.
REPORTS AND ARTICLES FROM OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- Georgetown University Law Center: Paper focused on Data Localization as a Solution for Schrems II.
- IAPP and Gabriela Zanfir Fortuna: webinar on The Schrems II Aftermath.
- IAB Europe (the European-level association for the digital marketing and advertising ecosystem) published an article about EU-US Privacy Shield.
- European Law Blog: International data transfers, standard contractual clauses, and the Privacy Shield: the AG Opinion in Schrems II.
Bird&Bird: Schrems II judgment: Privacy Shield invalid, SCCs survive, but… what happens now?
- IAPP: The “Schrems II” decision: EU-US data transfers in question.
- GOV.UK: UK Government response to the European Court of Justice decision in the Schrems II case.
- Emerald de Leeuw: Schrems II (C-311/18) and the Invalidation of the Privacy Shield.
- Romain Robert: After the Schrems I judgment, in 2016, the Article 29 Working Party (pre-EDPB) provided clear guidance on what can and what cannot be regarded as a justifiable interference to fundamental rights in a democratic society regarding data protection law. (LinkedIn)
- Magali Feys: After Schrems II: Contracts No Longer Enough For Data Transfer
- Francesca Bignami: Schrems II: The Right to Privacy and the New Illiberalism
- Anupam Chander: Is Data Localization a Solution for Schrems II?
- National Programs: What the EDPB Says about Art. 49 Derogations for EU-U.S. Data Transfers.
- Fieldfisher: The results are in: How Schrems II will impact international data flows in practice.
- Odia Kagan (article): EU Data Exporters: “No US-based Soup for You” says Rhineland-Palatinate DPA.
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, REPORTS AND STATEMENTS
- Irish DPC: view on the AG opinion on case C-311/18 CJEU.
- Baden-Württemberg DPA: guidance document on international data transfers after the SchremsII decision of the ECJ (see the article in English here and the guidance document in German here).
- Baden-Württemberg DPA: updated orientation guide to the practical consequences of Schrems II (the guide is available here only in German).
- EDPB: FAQ on the judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Case C-311/18 – Data Protection Commissioner v Facebook Ireland Ltd and Maximillian Schrems.
- ICO published a statement on the judgement of the European Court of Justice in the Schrems II case.
- The German Federal Commissioner published a statement on the Schrems II judgment of the ECJ.
- EDPS: statement on Schrems II.
- EDPB: statement on Schrems II.
- CNIL: Invalidation of the “Privacy shield”: the CNIL and its counterparts are currently analysing its consequences.
- Blog Kuan0: Schrems II: data localization, encryption & the bigger picture.
- European Parliament: The CJEU judgment in the Schrems II case.
- German Data Protection Authority of Rhineland-Palatinate: FAQs on the ECJ Schrems II (translation).