CASES, SANCTIONS AND CLAIMS
- (2019, Nov) France: Futura Internationale has been fined with 500,000 EUR by the France DPA (CNIL) for lack of compliance with the minimization principle and certain data subject rights (to be informed, to object) and, also, for not signing agreements for international data transfer.
REPORTS AND ARTICLES FROM OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- (2020, Sep) Dr. Carlo Piltz & Philipp Quiel: The role of „Convention No. 108” and “Convention No. 108+” as part of the examination of the level of protection in third countries under the GDPR (see the full article here).
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, REPORTS AND STATEMENTS
- Irish DPC: Transfers of personal data to third countries or international organisations
- (2019, Nov) Brandenburg DPA: comments on the transfer of group employee data to a third country (see here an article in English).
- (2019, Nov) EDPB: Privacy Shield scheme review (November 2019).
- (2020, Jul) EDPB: FAQ on the judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Case C-311/18 – Data Protection Commissioner v Facebook Ireland Ltd and Maximillian Schrems.
- (2019, Jul) EPDB-EDPS Joint Response to the LIBE Committee on the impact of the US Cloud Act on the European legal framework for personal data protection
- (2020, Sep) Joint statement by the Chair of the Committee of Convention 108 and Data Protection Commissioner of the Council of Europe on protecting individuals in the context of international data flows under the GDPR (read the full statement here).