CASES, SANCTIONS AND CLAIMS
- (2020, Jul) Reuters: Facebook is suing the EU antitrust regulators for seeking excessive information, including highly personal details.
REPORTS AND ARTICLES FROM OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- (2019, Jul) Akman: Online Platforms, Agency, and Competition Law: Mind the Gap.
- (2019, Sept) Bloomberg: Tech’s new monopolies.
- (2019, Nov) Reuters: EU antitrust regulators say they are investigating Google’s data collection.
- (2019, Dec) Reuters: Breakingviews – Margrethe Vestager will open tech’s walled garden.
- (2020, Jun) EuroNews: Fitbit – EU Commission must block Google’s acquisition of Fitbit, says data protection NGO.
- (2020, Sept) Aline Blankertz: Paper on “How competition impacts data privacy”.
- (2020, Nov) OpenForum Europe: “The Technical Components of Interoperability as a Tool for Competition Regulation“ research paper.
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, REPORTS AND STATEMENTS
- (2020, Sep) ACCC (Australian Competition & Consumer Commission) has amended the Consumer Data Right Rules to permit accredited intermediaries to collect data on behalf of third party data recipients, with consumer consent (you can read the consultation paper here).