CASES, SANCTIONS AND CLAIMS
- (2019, Apr) AIRBNB should be considered an information society service and not and not as a real estate agent, says CJEU Advocate General in his Opinion in Case C-390/18. Read the press release here.
- (2020, Sept) CJEU Press Release: The Court interprets, for the first time, the EU regulation enshrining ‘internet neutrality’.
REPORTS AND ARTICLES FROM OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- (2018, Jul) CJEU Factsheet: Electronic commerce and contractual obligations (direct download).
- (2019, Jul) S. Goldberg, G. Johnson and S. Shriver: Regulating Privacy Online: The Early Impact of the GDPR on European Web Traffic & E-Commerce Outcomes.
- (2020, Jul) The Guardian: Uber drivers to launch legal bid to uncover app’s algorithm.
- (2020, Jul) Martin Ebers: Legal Tech and EU Consumer Law (SSRN).
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, REPORTS AND STATEMENTS
- (2020, May) European Parliament has published a Reform of the EU liability regime for online intermediaries (Background on the forthcoming digital services act).
- (2020, May) European Parliament: study presenting an overview of the current state of play in the area of e-commerce. It discusses the existing legislative framework of the Digital Single Market as well as the technology-driven changes of market and economy that have taken place over the last twenty years. The full version of the Study is available here in English.
- (2020, Aug) The European Commission initiated its public consultation on the Digital Services Act, a landmark package that is considered key in shaping Europe’s digital future (see the full press release here).