CASES, SANCTIONS AND CLAIMS
- (2020, Aug) Major tech corporations face multi-billion-euro cases for alleged GDPR breaches (see the article here).
REPORTS AND ARTICLES FROM OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- (2018, Aug) Adexchanger: Mobile Apps Are Stalling On The Way To GDPR Compliance
- (2019, Nov) Ian Gauci: Transparency, auditability and accountability in software.
- (2019, Dec) The New York Times: Twelve Million Phones, One Dataset, Zero Privacy.
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, REPORTS AND STATEMENTS
- (2019, Oct) EDPB: final version of Guidelines 2/2019 on the processing of personal data under Article 6(1)(b) GDPR in the context of the provision of online services to data subjects.
- Spanish DPA: two technical studies regarding the Android Operating System: User control over the personalization of advertisements and App access to the device screen. The studies are aimed at developers and users alike.
- Spanish DPA: technical paper on transparency for mobile apps (full document here in Spanish).
- (2019, Dec) German DPAs: imposing privacy obligations on for producers of software and hardware (read here an article in English).
- (2019, Oct) The Romanian Supreme Court established that a distance contract for financial services constitutes a writ of execution even in the absence of a handwritten signature or an extended electronic signature.
- (2019, Nov) Spanish DPA: Technical note identifying potential privacy problems regarding the use of Domain Name System Protocol, and the implications of illegitimate data processing resulting from this (direct download link).
- (2020, Jan) Saxony DPA: “remember me” default setting for websites and apps violates the GDPR privacy by design and by default principle (see here an article in English).
- Spanish DPA: Technical note for privacy and mobile apps.
- EDPS: developed open source software tools for the automation of privacy and personal data protection inspections of websites.
- (2020, Jul) Spanish DPA: article on URL shorteners.
- (2020, Oct) The Spanish Data Protection Authority is very active in terms of technological guidance (you can read more on Spanish DPA website – articles are available both in Spanish and English).