CASES, SANCTIONS AND CLAIMS
- (2019, Apr) The Danish Data Protection Authority (‘Datatilsynet’) has issued a decision against Rejsekort A/S regarding the way they process location data.
- (2019, Jul) Lower Saxony DPA comments on the use of GPS on vehicles. Read this related article in English.
- (2020, Feb) The Irish Data Protection Commission, has commenced an ex-officio Statutory Inquiry, with respect to Google that will set out to establish whether Google has a valid legal basis for processing the location data of its users and whether it meets its obligations as a data controller with regard to transparency.
REPORTS AND ARTICLES FROM OTHER ORGANISATIONS
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, REPORTS AND STATEMENTS
- (2018, Nov) International Working Group on Data Protection in Telecommunications (the Berlin Group): Working Paper on Wide Area Location Tracking (direct download link).
- (2020, May) EDPS – TechDispatch: Contact Tracing with Mobile Applications.
- (2020, Jan) Geo-blocking sanctions in e-commerce are finally provided in Romanian legislation.