CASES, SANCTIONS AND CLAIMS
- Zoom Video Communication faces a class action lawsuit in California for alleged violations of California’s Unfair Competition Law, Consumers Legal Remedies Act, and Consumer Privacy Act.
- A class-action lawsuit has been brought against Facebook, LinkedIn and Zoom alleging personal information from Zoom user accounts was shared to the social networking sites.
REPORTS AND ARTICLES FROM OTHER ORGANISATIONS
OFFICIAL GUIDELINES, REPORTS AND STATEMENTS
- Baden-Wuerttemberg DPA: recommendations according to which, companies must comply with several requirements for using video or telephone conferencing systems.
- Irish DPC: Data Protection Tips for Video-conferencing to help both individuals and organisations.
- Italian DPA: new guidelines to ensure compliance with GDPR and the Privacy Code when using remote education tools, widely used in this emergency period (text in Italia available here).
- Berlin DPA: results of short tests of video conference services.
- CNIL: recommendations for using videoconferencing tools.
- Data Protection Commission: Ireland’s Data protection Commission: Protecting Personal Data When Working Remotely.